Sky

Sky

May 1, 2015

Tzatziki

Happy Friday! Is it just me or did this week feel extremely long? Here in DC we've been experiencing a crazy mix of weather from 80 degree sunny days to 40 degree rainy days...it's exhausting!

Anyways, today I'm re-featuring my favorite Tzatziki recipe. I first introduced my Tzatziki recipe here but I wanted to highlight again how great and easy this recipe is! I've also modified the recipe slightly. I've found that this recipe tastes the best with a heartier cracker (to cut the strong garlic) and this whole wheat naan home-made cracker is the best!

While both greek yogurt and regular yogurt contribute to a healthy diet, greek yogurt has about twice the protien, half the sodium, and half the carbohydrates as regular yogurt. So that's another benefit of this recipe :)  See here.

Ingredients:
2 cups zero fat greek yogurt
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cucumber chopped finely, no seeds
Salt to taste
Dried dill sprinkled on top
Mix all together
Ready to sereve immediately, but will be more garlic-y the next day!  

Naan Crackers:
Thinly slice a whole wheat naan into strips
Sprinkle olive oil on top
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes
Let your crackers cool- they will harden and get crispy!



 
Have a great weekend!
Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name and Comment