Sky

Sky

May 26, 2015

Kent Island Beach

I love living in DC, but when summer rolls around I miss Boston badly. I grew up steps from the ocean and I always appreciated having the beach at my fingertips, but it wasn't until I actually moved away that I truly realized how special it is to live in a beach community. So, I've been determined to find a great beach close DC.

Over Memorial Day weekend I went to Terrapin Park on Kent Island. The beach is small (in width), but long, and only 45 minutes from DC! Besides a few locals walking their dogs, there was no one else around. So considering it was Memorial Day weekend, I would venture to say the beach never gets very crowded. It's a beach on the bay so it's definitely not the same as an ocean side beach, but still worth visiting as a day trip to get out of DC! 




Thanks for stopping by!
Sky

1 comment:

  1. I'll stop by any time bright blue!

    KaleDC

    ReplyDelete

Name and Comment