Sky

Sky

April 8, 2015

Cheese of the Month: Gouda 5 year

On the weekends, I love treating myself to a wine and cheese hour.  It's decadent way to get the weekend going. I also love trying out different types of cheeses, so I thought it would be fun to highlight a particular cheese each month. (fun fact, I wrote a final essay on Roquefort cheese when I studied abroad!)

So without further ado, I present to you the cheese of this month: Uniekaas Vintage Gouda 5 year. Not to be confused with the 1 year version (too mild, in my opinion)! This is one of my all time favorites. It's a semi-hard cheese with a strong flavor. The texture is a little bit grainy when you bite into it- like little bursts of gouda goodness.  I like to add a small amount of fig on top to really get that sweet and salty sharp flavor.





Thanks for following along!
Sky

1 comment:

  1. Such a nutty cheese! I see you are big whole foods go-er, try the midnight moon sometime!

    Boomersooner99

    ReplyDelete

Name and Comment