Sky

Sky

March 31, 2015

Easy Pesto

Spring is here and I'm so excited to start eating fresh spring and summer produce! This is always the first recipe I think of when the warm weather starts to hit. If you like a strong pesto flavor, this pesto is for you!
 
What you need:

2 cups basil leaves, rinsed
1/2 cup walnuts (pesto is traditionally made with pine nuts, but walnuts have more nutritional benefits)
4 large cloves garlic
3/4 cup parmesan cheese (I like to splurge a little and get the aged parm- it tastes just that much better!)
1/2 cup olive oil

Method:

Mix everything in your blender (mixing in your olive oil last)
It's that easy!





^^Pesto is good with so many foods: chicken, pasta, fish, quinoa, but sometimes I like to just have straight pesto with toast...because it's so good I could almost eat it by itself :)

Thanks for following along!
Sky

1 comment:

  1. Hmm walnuts instead of pine nuts? Delicious!

    horace67

    ReplyDelete

Name and Comment