Sky

Sky

March 27, 2015

Chipotle inspired Quinoa

Here's one more awesome quinoa recipe! Then I'll cool off the quinoa. For a little :) This one was inspired by Chipotle. I love Chipotle bowls and wanted to create a healthier, lower calorie version. This I swear tastes just as good as the real thing!
 
What you need:
Qunioa (1 cup qunioa to 2 cups water, simmer in a pot until all the water is absorbed)
Red kidney beans (drain beans from a can and rinse with water. They can also be sauteed with olive oil and red and green peppers)
Guacomole
Parmesean cheese
 
Preparation:
Cook quinoa (20 minutes)
Cook kidney beans (and sauteed vegetables)
Prepare your bowl- add quinoa base, top with beans/vegetables, add parmesean cheese (it will melt on top!)
Dallop of guacomole
 
One of my favorite things about Chipotle is the Chipotle Tabasco sauce. I haven't been able to find it at any grocery stores yet, so I definitely need to buy a bottle (or two) straight from the Tabasco source!
 
 
 
 

 
Have a great weekend!
Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name and Comment